Monday, September 15, 2008

None for me!

Some of you expressed interest in my mention of deep fried Snickers in my last post. I regret to inform you that I was not able to eat one at the State Fair this Friday. The lines were too long. We came by the booth several times and there were at least 30 people in line at all times. I was quite sad to miss out on this treat.

I believe they use funnel cake batter to dip the Snickers bar in. This picture was found on www.candyaddict.com (favorite site of mine)

Here is a recipe for you to try at home:
  1. Push popcicle sticks into Snickers bar from the bottom about half way up.
  2. Freeze Snickers until frozen solid.
  3. For the funnel cake batter, you can either buy the mix at the store or make your own batter (there are several recipes on recipezaar.com - even a gluten free funnel cake).
  4. Dip frozen Snickers into the batter.
  5. Fry in hot oil until golden brown (just a few minutes).
  6. Remove from oil and drain.
  7. Top with powdered sugar or caramel sauce if desired.
Amanda is trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

lpettey said...

Have you ever had a fried twinkie? I usually get them in Vegas. They are so yummy.

Amanda said...

No, I haven't! I always wondered if they were good. What does it taste like?