Monday, March 16, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday

Well come this Thursday (3/19) it's my birthday too! I will be "gasp" 31 years old. I'm not sure how I feel about this new age. It seems awfully close to 40.

In an earlier posting this month, I promised to share some of my 30 year old wisdom. So here are some of the things I have learned:

1) It is worth it to me to pay a little more for quality products. This can apply to anything from chocolate to tires to hotel rooms to luggage.

2) Blogging about my life is fun and a bit of a mental release.

3) I still hate exercise but it makes me feel good while I am doing it and after I am finished.

4) My hair looks and styles much better when I'm in Arkansas or Oregon. It loves the humidity and hates the awful dry Utah air.

5) Family & friends are truly the most important things in my life.

6) I still do not like olives or cream cheese.

7) There is evidence of God's creation everywhere. Here are a couple of my favorite beautiful creations - Jensen Ackles & Joshua Jackson. No way did their DNA just come together out of some primordial ooze.



Amanda is as ready to turn 31 as she'll ever be.

6 comments:

caron said...

Ahh! I missed it!
Happy Birthday yesterday!! I hope it was fantastical

Suzie said...

I missed it too.... I hope it was a great day!

Lisa said...

I agree 110% about Joshua Jackson. I really don't know what it is exactly but he is dreamy. It really is the main reason I watch Fringe (and Dawson's Creek for that matter).

Amanda said...

I did have a wonderful birthday, thanks! Lisa, I completely agree that Joshua Jackson is dreamy. He is even more cute close up (you might recall that he walked right past me in San Diego at Comic Con).

Shanna said...

Oh wow I'm late! But I hope you had a great birthday!

Kendra Leigh said...

Happy belated birthday!