Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm ready for my 3 day weekend

It is Friday at 1:30PM and I do not want to be at work any more. I want to start my weekend. I'm not doing anything super thrilling but I will definitely be relaxing. Tonight I plan to finish putting away my laundry, work out on my Wii, and watch a little tv.

The Wii is so much fun. I got a new game called EA Sports Active which has a personal trainer and all kinds of workouts. So far I have done inline skating, boxing, kick-boxing, side to side lunges, lots of arm workouts using resistance bands, and walking/running.

The weight loss is still going well. I lost nearly 4 pounds last week. On Sunday I will enter my 6th week on this detox diet. So here is my game plan once I finish my 6th week. I'm going to continue how I've been eating during this time, except that I will slowly start adding in healthy carbs (whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, etc). I will also start incorporating some dairy back in (low-fat yogurt and the occasional cheese). I will have red meat and pork occasionally. I was never a big meat eater, usually just when I get a craving for steak or something (and then I assume my body needs the iron).

As far as sugar and fatty stuff, I plan to stay away from it for the most part. The exception being that I'm giving myself one day a week where I can eat whatever I want for 1 meal. I'm planning to make my eat anything day special. I've got a list of places I want to try and thing I want to make. I have felt so good since I've been eating this way. Can you believe I've only had fast food twice in nearly 6 weeks? And those times it was grilled chicken, lettuce, and tomato from a chicken sandwich and I threw away the bread. It really proves that all that fatty fast food I was eating helped to pack on the pounds.

I've already thrown away my leftover Easter candy (even my Cadbury cream egg). Those things are so sweet that they always make my teeth hurt. I can just imagine how I would feel after 6 weeks sugar free. I was originally saving it until after the diet. However, I decided that I wasn't interested in eating all that junky candy. If I eat candy it will be a teenie amount of the super fancy good stuff, not some groccery store junk. The funny thing is that I keep having nightmares about people forcing me to eat candy.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend. I'll try to post some pictures next week of me using the Wii and my cute little avatar (or Mii as they are called).

Amanda is leaving work in 2 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

elaine said...

All I have to say is, " I am impressed and very happy for you."
The fact that I am your MOM has nothing to do with my opinion of you.