Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Things I learned about hot people

It has certainly been an interesting week at my house. I got home from San Diego on a Monday (7/27) and found out that our a/c had gone out. As of yesterday it was still not fixed although the repair guy did work on it last night but he had the wrong tool or something. He's coming back tonight though.

Sadly this past week has not exactly been cool (and it has gotten a lot hotter recently). The high in West Jordan (starting with 7/28 & ending with yesterday) has been: 89, 88, 89, 89, 94, 97, 97. This is not meant to be a complaint post, however. I am going to share some of the things I have observed over the past week during our "heat wave". As a reminder, when I use the term "hot" I am referring to actual measurable heat, not trying to describe attractiveness (although it will probably be pretty funny if you go back and read this using the other meaning).

1. Hot people can get really cranky.

2. Hot people try to wear a little as possible.

(For example, on Sunday while I got ready for church I was hanging around my room in a tank top, my slip, and a silk robe). Wait, now I sound like some kind of weirdo! Oh well, it is what it is.

3. Hot people have to take more showers than usual.

Here's a fun story for you: A few nights ago I was doing some yoga (because I didn't want to get too sweaty). Unfortunately, I knocked over a candle (the kind in a glass jar) which then shattered all over my floor. Since I was in the middle of doing yoga I had bare feet. So now I had to grab the only pair of shoes near me (3 inch wedge heels) and squat down on the floor (squatting made much harder by the heels) to pick up all the big pieces of glass every where. Janna was kind enough to bring down the vacuum to me. The vacuum didn't suck very well (that sucked) so I had to pull out the filter and empty the vacuum. By the time my floor was glass free I was dripping with sweat. So much for not having to take a shower!

4. Hot people spend a lot of time on Facebook.

For some reason I have no desire to watch TV during this heat wave but I'm on Facebook every night. Actually I think my TV watching has gone way down in general.

5. Hot people listen to country music.

I don't know why but I find myself listening to more country music than usual (normally I can only tolerate Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood). Heck, last night I was singing along to Garth Brooks' "Friends In Low Places".

I guess those are the things I've learned about hot people. I think Jane Austen can sum it up best with this quote: "What dreadful hot weather we have. It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance."

Amanda is a little giddy.

1 comment:

elaine said...

giddy isn't bad and funny is good and w/o a/c a sense of humor is essential.