I know I posted some pictures from our trip to the zoo on my Facebook page. However, I realize I need to give equal time to the blog. Plus I have some other fun pictures of food I've made this month and from our visit last weekend to the International Peace Gardens.
First of all we had our annual luau and I made a tropical trifle (layers of angel food cake, whipped topping mixed w/white chocolate pudding, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, & toasted coconut). It was delicious!

 |
|
|
|
|
Two Saturdays past I packed a picnic dinner for Robert and I which we enjoyed in Jordan Park. Then we strolled around the International Peace Gardens. It was such a beautiful place. There were lots of people in the park having family reunions and parties. We played a couple of games of Scooby Doo Uno (like regular Uno but with Scooby Doo on the cards). I think we both won a game. I hadn't played Uno in ages. It reminds me of my childhood and the hours my best friend and I would spend playing. A funny story about the food - I made homemade turnovers and I sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar. I had some mixed in an old lemon pepper container. Here's a tip - don't store your new lemon pepper spice right next to the cinnamon sugar in the lemon pepper container. I sprinkled lemon pepper on one of the turnovers but fortunately I smelled it and realized what had happened. Too funny!
 |
| Almond chicken salad on sun-dried tomato bread, fresh berries, veggies, chips & apple raspberry turnovers. |
 |
| I love Robert's expression in this picture. |
1 comment:
Maybe you should consider being a food critic and/or editor. Everything looks tasty and the pics of you and Robert are great. I love you, MOM
Post a Comment