Thursday, September 4, 2008

Guilty pleasures - you know you have them

This will be a short post because I am a little tired of writing, having done so much lately for my English 2010 (Visual Writing) course.

The dictionary defines being guilty as being "responsible for or chargeable with a reprehensible act; deserving of blame". One definition of pleasure (I picked the tame one) is "frivolous amusement". My personal definition of a guilty pleasure is something you really enjoy but you don't share it w
ith people because you think they will judge you. Now I'm going to be brave and tell you some of mine - and I expect you to do the same in your comments.
  1. I love disco music.
  2. I still occasionally read "The Baby-sitters Club" books.
  3. I think the show "King of the Hill" is hilarious.
  4. I recently discovered that I enjoy eating potato chips dipped in ketchup.
  5. I have always thought that Vincent Price (from the old horror movies) was handsome.


Amanda is going grocery shopping tonight.

5 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

My guilty pleasure: buying notions at sewing stores!
And my husband's (cuz I love outing him!) is: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Twilight series. I love that he is reading the books- makes for some good conversation between us- you know, other than "guess what the kids did today" stuff.

caron said...

I spend more time and money inside Hancock fabrics and Home Depot than Old Navy (or any of those other cool clothing store out there).
I don't listen to political speeches or NPR because I prefer to watch mindless things after work.
This sounds like a confessional. I like it :)

AMezNewz said...

Ha ha I love it! We all certainly have them. I secretly LOVE Dawson's Creek! WHY? Good question but I get so wrapped up in the stories plus Pacey is just hot! Hmm Maybe I'll do a blog about this...you've inspired me!lol

Amanda said...

Thanks, ladies! I love your comments. Kendra - tell Matt that he's not alone. I am a huge fan of both Buffy and Twilight.

Caron - I like a little mindless tv myself after a long day.

Amy - Dawson's Creek rocks. I love Pacey too! You'll have to check out his new show Fringe. Maybe that will become another fave!

Kendra Leigh said...

I forgot to mention Survivor, too! I know it's so 10 years ago, but I still totally love it!