Monday, April 20, 2009

I want candy

I have started a new eating plan. It is for 6 weeks and isn't horribly restrictive. For the first 2 weeks, I can eat vegetables, chicken, fish, turkey, and all nuts except peanuts. I'm doing it so I can really curb my sugar addiction. Today is my 2nd day on the plan and I WANT CANDY!

Of course it doesn't really help that we had a birthday celebration in my office and lots of pie from Marie Callendar's. I just stayed in my office and volunteered to answer phones.

I know that I can do this, it is just going to take a little willpower. I'll keep you updated on my progress. My parents are doing the plan too and they are about to enter their 3rd week (when you can start having fruit). My father has already bought a pineapple and some grapes in anticipation of this.

I can do it!

Amanda is thinking positively.

4 comments:

elaine said...

Yes,Yes, Yes--You can do this and the rewards will be great and many.

Lisa said...

You can do it! I did it during my pregnancy with Sage on my doctor's advice. The fruit will help and it will get to the point where the sugar tastes super sweet and you won't want it as much. Drink lots of water too.

Suzie said...

Oh wow! You are good to not go have that pie! Good work! Keep it up!

Angilyn said...

Wow, good for you! You can do it!!!