Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Tour

On Wednesday May 27th, my mom and I had the opportunity to tour the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. This was a tour in advance of the public open house. Invites were sent to all the physicians and managers in my office. Of course I jumped at this opportunity!

The temple is so beautiful! They couldn't have picked a better setting, perched right up on a hill. It was pretty windy but no complaints otherwise. The temple has beautiful chandeliers in many of the rooms (some tear drop shaped & some star shaped). Another favorite of mine are the stars carved into all the windows. They look like the Star of Bethlehem. I also loved the color scheme (lots of wood and gold). A special moment for me was sitting in one of the sealing rooms and looking into the mirror and seeing my image go on forever and ever.

We first watched a video about the temple and then took the tour. After that we were shown into the reception tent. They went all out on this, believe me! This tent had draped ceilings complete with chandeliers and carpet. There was a beautiful buffet, tables, & couches everywhere. In the back of the tent were several large pictures of the Savior. Then as we left we were given a cd packet embossed with the Oquirrh Mtn temple picture. Inside the packet was the new Tabernacle Choir cd. All in all it was a very special day and I'm so glad I was able to share it with my mom. I've posted some pictures of our day.

(Mom eating an eclair - I was so jealous)
(Centerpieces on all the tables)




(Me sitting on one of the couches)














(Mom & I by the fountain in the front. Check out the view, isn't it gorgeous?)





Amanda is grateful for the Gospel in her life.

2 comments:

Suzie said...

We go there next week. I'm so excited!

Amanda said...

You'll love it. It is so beautiful.