Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Jeans

"I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes."

- Yves Saint Laurent (for you non-fashionistas he was an extremely famous French designer)

Now why I am blogging about blue jeans? (Those of you who read my Facebook page can probably guess). Yesterday I worked a 1/2 day and then went to the Church History Library to meet my parents. They've been serving their mission since June 2008 and I finally got around to going to lunch with them at the Church Office Building (bad daughter!). It was fun and I got to meet lots of their friends, fellow missionaries, and the staff they work with. After a couple of hours my feet were killing me (thanks to the adorable, but now painful heels I was wearing).

I had planned to go right home after leaving the folks but instead I decided to swing by Macy's. I had a 20% off coupon just screaming to be used. (Darn you, Macy's and your stupid One Day sales that occur every week). I really needed some new jeans. The one pair I've been wearing has gotten too big and you can only shrink them in the dryer so much.

I have really short legs so finding jeans can be a bit of an issue for me. Luckily they had a great petite selection. First I found a really cute pair that fit and looked good for only $10! Hello, you cannot pass up $10 jeans. But the real surprise of the day is when I decided to try on a pair of Levi's in a size smaller than what I've been wearing. I figured it couldn't hurt to see how far away I was from fitting into them. Guess what? They fit and they look really cute!!! I am so happy.

Amanda is going to eat some fresh strawberries & blackberries (no sugar for this girl if I want to stay in my cute jeans).

4 comments:

elaine said...

Love the blog entry, love the progress and my daughter. MOM

Heather said...

WAY TO GO on the jeans being too big! You're lookin' sooooo good! I'm so proud of you, I'm only hoping I can do as well as you with the "baby weight."

caron said...

yess!!!!
I wish you more success in the future. :)

Kristen Brady said...

You go girl!