Thursday, November 19, 2009

Too busy to blog

Sorry for the lack of postings lately. My life has been so busy that I haven't had the time.

I am really enjoying my calling as an ordinance worker at the Jordan River temple. For the past three weeks, in addition to my regular Saturday shift (10:20AM - 4:40PM), I have also had temple in-service trainings every Wednesday night. Last night was my last Wed night training and I must confess I am glad to get one of my weeknights back. Although I truly do love being at the temple so often. It really brings peace into my life (and considering how crazy I've been lately - I need that). I'm doing pretty good with memorizing everything. My trainer says I'm "soaking it all up like a sponge". It's hard to believe this Saturday will only be my 3rd shift.

Next Tuesday (11/24) I'm headed up to Oregon to visit Scott, Lisa, Sage, & Livi (my best friends & my darling nieces). I can't wait for the break. Work has also been quite stressful. As many of you know, I had to fire a girl about two weeks ago. Not my first firing either- more like my 4th. Fortunately, my bosses have decided that I have too much to do so they offered to take away some of the personnel stuff from my duties. I will be put in charge of a lot more projects but at least I won't have to deal with so many complaining employees.

There is something about Fall that puts me in a cooking and baking mood. It seems like every night I'm making something new. Stuff I've made so far this month: chocolate chip pecan pie, butterscotch peanut chocolate bars, sweet potatoes w/marshmallows & pecan streusel topping, pumpkin pie cake w/cinnamon whipped cream, taco pizza, bbq chicken pizza, and apple pie. Things I will be making for this weekend: homemade caramel & hot fudge sauce, autumn fruit tart (w/hazelnuts, apples & apricots), flour less chocolate cake, homemade cranberry sauce, & 3 varieties of sliders (hamburger, fried chicken, & turkey (w/homemade cranberry ketchup).

Are you hungry yet?

Amanda is trying to figure out when I'll have time to pack my suitcases!

1 comment:

elaine said...

I don't know what I did to deserve such a "class act" daughter as you but I am thankful that I am blessed by your presents in my life.