Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Things I like

Well I am back from my Thanksgiving vacation (pictures to follow - when I have time to post them) and it is once again time for me to blog about some of the things I enjoy. Today's subject will be websites.

Favorite Website #1 - I would like to thank my good friend Caron for introducing me to My Life is Average www.mylifeisaverage.com. I love this site. It makes me laugh constantly! Here are some examples of the funniness that is this site:

"Today I saw a fairly ugly guy surrounded by a group of attractive girls. I was confused and went closer to try to figure out why. He had a British accent. I now understand. MLIA"

"Today, while at school I was kissed by five different guys. The person who wrote 'Kick me' on a piece of paper and stuck it on my back had very bad handwriting. MLIA"
(Hmm - maybe I should try this one)

"Today no one was at home except myself, so I went to the toilet without bothering to close the door. My dog walked in, looked awkwardly at me and then hurriedly left. For some reason I was embarrassed. MLIA"

Favorite Website # 2 - Factropolis www.factropolis.com
This site has a fun new fact each day. Here are some facts I have liked best:

"The most lucrative bank heist in history was organized by a group of elderly nuns."

"In 1983, two Danish climbers trapped on Mt. Everest kept warm by killing their sherpa and setting fire to his corpse."

"Many Native Americans are highly allergic to marshmallows."

Favorite Website #3 - Mystery Google www.mysterygoogle.com
The deal with this website is that you get the search result of whatever the person before you searched. Also sometimes people assign secret missions like "Email something stupid you've done to (and then they give you an email address)"

Or you can get funny results - like the time I put in a search for "My Future Husband" and my result was Bat-man. Simply put it is a fun time waster.

Amanda is still trying to warm up from this crazy cold morning.

No comments: