I realized I haven't really given out a lot of information about the guy I'm dating. (I just barely posted a picture of him on Facebook). So I thought I would give you, my loyal blog readers, a little Q & A session. I'll try to answer some of the basic questions and you're welcome to post other questions if I don't satisfy your curiosity.Q: How did we meet?
A: I'm an ordinance worker at the Jordan River temple. One of the sisters I trained with told me that she thought I should meet her husband's home teaching partner. She said that we were both very intelligent (her words) and that she thought we would hit it off. I guess they had already talked to Robert about me. She gave me his email address and left it up to me.
I decided to go ahead and email him - so I did. We emailed back and forth for a couple of weeks and then he asked me out. It was nice because we were already friends by then so the first date wasn't awkward at all. That leads to the next question. . .
Q: What did you do on your first date?
A: We went out the Saturday before Valentine's Day (most guys try to avoid that weekend). It was like a marathon date - we had dinner, went roller skating, mini golfing, & saw a movie.
Q: Where is he from? What is his family like?
A: He grew up in West Valley City, UT and has two sisters. Robert is 32 and his older sister is 4 years older and younger sister is 2 years younger. I met his younger sister Susan and her husband Kort this weekend when we went bowling together. I haven't met his parents or older sister (Lori) but apparently that will be happening soon.
Q: What is his education/profession?
A: He has a Masters degree in mathematical biology from the U of U. He teaches math at both Salt Lake Community College and the BYU Salt Lake Center. Yep, I got a smartie!!
Q: What do I like best about him?
A: Honestly, what don't I like? He's super thoughtful - I refer you to the flowers and balloons he bought me for my birthday. Let's not forget the Easter basket he gave me full of all my favorite treats. He plans fun and interesting dates. He's kind and funny and he doesn't let me get away with everything (you guys know my personality).
Final Question: What do you have in common?
A: We both love old movies. We watch all the same television shows. We read a lot of the same books. Our favorite board game is Clue. We're both very close to our families. We both love animals - he has a cat named Purrington and a bird named Einstein. There's lots of other stuff too but I'll stop with the most important one - we both love each other (and yes we've actually said it).
Hope you enjoyed this little session - feel free to ask any others.
Amanda incredibly happy.
5 comments:
I love him already! We can't wait to meet him (and see you too of course). Love ya!
Yeah! I'm very happy for you. What's his last name & which HS did he go to in West Valley... you know, since I'm the same age & Josh also grew up in West Valley...
Suzie, his last name is Thorn. He went to Granger High School (class of 95).
I am so excited for you! He sounds like a great guy. keep me posted on any developments!!
It was so great to meet him this past Friday - he's a great guy! Go Amanda!
Post a Comment