Monday, May 24, 2010

What I've Been Up To

 My parents came to visit last week (5/19 - 5/26). I hadn't seen them since December so it was wonderful to see them. For the most part we just visited and spent time together. I took 3 1/2 days off while they were here. Since weekdays are at a premium for me I also had to cram in some other stuff. I got my hair cut and highlighted and also had my teeth cleaned. This past Monday I took my mom to the spa for her Mother's Day gift. We got facials, manicures, & pedicures. It was wonderful to be pampered!

We also toured Welfare Square. Talk about a small world! There was another family touring with us and it turns out they lived in Arkansas (in our stake) and their daughter and I realized we knew each other. Then one of the sister missionaries knew the man who was bishop in Sacramento when my mother was baptized. 

Oh and of course my parents got to meet Robert. We went out to a very authentic Mexican restaurant (El Paisa Grill). The food was fantastic. They had live entertainment - which was good but also very loud. Fortunately my parents and Robert came over for dinner on Sunday night and we could actually talk without shouting. We played a super fun card game called Quiddler. Basically you have letter cards and you're trying to make words. My parents totally beat Robert & I. Good times! They left on Wednesday morning to tour Wyoming and South Dakota.

Here's a cute picture of Robert & I before we went to the temple this past Thursday. This weekend I spent a lot of time on the road (well more than I normally would). Robert was house-sitting so I drove up to Layton on Saturday and Sunday to see him. It was a pretty relaxing weekend. I enjoyed the rain - except when I was driving home last night. It was a bit difficult to see the lines on the road with all the standing water. Oh well it was totally worth it. Ah, the things we do for love!

Cooking updates - I made some very tasty chocolate brownies. They have a layer of marshmallow on top and then a fudge/marshmallow frosting. Delicious! I also made a strawberry pie for tonight's FHE bakeoff. Don't they look tasty?




Amanda is happy!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with your parents, and even more glad that things are still happy in the land of Robert & Amanda!!!