Well I can't say I'm exactly thriving but I am definitely surviving. I was truly surprised at how difficult recovery from a tonsillectomy is. The adenoidectomy part was fine and I'm breathing through my nose again and doing great there. It is just my poor little throat that has been on fire.
Definitely a weight loss surgery - I've pretty much been on liquids and a little Jello the past 3 days. I got my sense of taste and smell back and that made me super nauseated. Like I could taste every little thing - the pan my eggs were cooked in, etc. Bleah! That seems to finally be going away but I just don't have a big appetite. Well I have a big list of foods I want to eat/cook after I'm better. Check out my Pinterest board to see.
I pretty much stay in my bed - who knew I would be too tired to get up and go downstairs? I watch tv sometimes and sleep a lot.
I am so so thankful that my parents were able to come up and help out during this time. It really took the strain off Robert and myself. I'm sure Robert has enjoyed not having to fend for himself each night at dinner. I think he would have stocked up on cold cereal if that was the case. I've also had some visitors which helps break up the day.
I don't have any terribly interesting thoughts to share. Just wanted to give an update!
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you're on the mend, even if it's slower than you'd like! Keep taking good care of yourself and you'll be back to normal in no time!
Post a Comment