Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Peeps Topiary

I am a huge fan of topiaries. I think that are just so cute. This year for my Easter centerpiece I decided to make my own. I used a small vase (it formerly housed an orchid which is has gone on to that great flowerbed in the sky). Then I got a styrofoam cone and also a styrofoam ball. I cut the bottom off the cone so it would fit easily in the pot. I used skewer sticks for the base (though in hindsight a good sized dowel would be much better). I mounted the ball on top of the sticks and then began sticking my Peeps with toothpicks and placing them on the ball in a pattern. My biggest suggestion here would be to let your Peeps dry out first. Take the out of the package and let them get some air otherwise those soft little Peeps will slip right off the toothpicks (at least in the areas where gravity comes into play).

Overall I am pretty pleased with my first try. Perhaps next year I'll attempt to make a wreath.



No comments: