Friday, August 1, 2008

San Diego Comic Con Trip

Comic Con - for some this conjures up images of geeks and nerds wearing Star Wars costumes. Others think of comic books and some people have no idea what it is.

I can't speak for the other 124,000 Comic Con attendees but for me this was an opportunity to check out movie/tv previews, spoilers, and to scope out my favorite celebrities up close. Where else could you see a pregnant Storm Trooper pushing a stroller?
Unfortunately, this also meant being shoved around by thousands of people on the exhibit floor where I nearly lost an eye trying to get a free Wonder Woman bag. I also smelled some pretty funky smells (comic book geeks aren't that into hygiene) and stood in some majorly long lines (think 2 hours or more). Oh and then I got to look at the weird, ugly, and sometimes barely there costumes (if you weigh more than 100 lbs, you do NOT need to dress up as Princess Leia in the gold bikini).

It is definitely NOT for everyone. However, despite all the weirdness, I had a really great time. I got to check out the panels on some of my favorite shows. I even saw the first episode of "Heroes" for the new season and a ton of spoilers from other shows. Plus Mr. "Smoking Hot" Joshua Jackson (of Dawson's Creek fame and now the new show Fringe) walked right past me. Check out my Flickr album on the left for more pictures of me in San Diego.


Here is a video from The Big Bang Theory panel. I love that show!

Amanda is wishing she were still in San Diego!

3 comments:

Suzie said...

So were you calling that guys name is that why he turned around, or was he getting a second look at you???

Amanda said...

He was just turning around and we happened to snap the picture. Funny thing is that Janna was trying to get a picture of JJ Abrams (creater of Lost, Fringe, and Felicty) and then I saw Josh Jackson and grabbed her arm. So we didn't get that picture but we got a much better one in my opinion.

caron said...

was he a child star? He looks familiar, but I haven't watched either of those shows you named.
He's cute, either way.