Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 - It was great (a year in recap)

Another year has come and gone. In looking back on the year 2008, I was able to do a lot of special things. I'll do a little recap for you.

I went to Portland in March to visit my little niece and best friends.

April/May, I went to Hawaii with my roommates Jessica & Patti.

In July, I went to Comic-Con in San Diego with with my roommates Janna & Jaime.
Then I went back to Oregon in early November. All in all I was able to take some pretty cool vacations.

Another special thing about 2008 was that my parents arrived in June and began serving a family history mission. It has been so great to see them on a regular basis. We have been able to celebrate almost all our holidays together and their birthdays. They brought me Gatorade and Pedialyte when my stomach was trying to turn me inside out. My mom accompanied me to the doctor for moral support. We've played board games, watched movies, eaten out, and gone to plays/concerts. We have also been able to go to the temple together as a family once a month. I am very proud of my parents for their service and also grateful we can spend so much time together. The pictures below are from this fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
Other milestones/interesting happenings this year: I hit my 5 year mark at the University of Utah. I went back to school (again). I went to a Thriving Ivory concert and met the band. Check them out - they have such a unique sound and I swear they will be the next big thing! I saw a ton of celebrities at Comic Con (check out my Aug blog for pics). Last but not last, my best friend had a new baby in December (Livia Marlene) so I'm an aunt again. Of course for me this means lots more opportunities for spoiling my nieces. Here is her beautiful picture below (covered in a blanket that I gave her).







Amanda is grateful to everyone for reading her blog!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow, you did all that just last year? Where was I? Everyone should do a recap on their life, I bet we'd find that we've done some pretty amazing things. I love your blog & good luck with the New Year's resolutions. I'm impressed you admitted them online. I certainly did not have that much gumption.