- Commit to exercise & weight loss. (I decided that I have two choices here - I can either make this a serious goal or I can simply commit to gaining more and more weight until the circus asks me to join them)
- Work on becoming a better person through service. (My mom pointed out a great article in the Dec Ensign on how people can help the Church by indexing geneological files online. I am going to start with this and also work to find other service opportunities. Here is the link if anyone is interested in the article: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/EmailArticleProcess?action=view&cmlId=352194&locale=0&emId=761512621
- Be more outgoing and try to meet new people (especially when I join the 31 & older singles ward after my birthday this March.
- Continue working on budgeting & saving
"This is the beginning of a new year, and each of us might well say to himself, “Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Let me begin now to prepare for eternal life, that I may know a fullness of joy and happiness now and forever.” After all, this is really what each of us wants, and it is most important that we take time to find out how to get it and begin now to work at it day by day.
To accomplish this we must study and learn and increase our knowledge and understanding of the gospel. Then by application of our learning day by day and every day we will have an increase of faith and testimony that is so necessary for our own salvation, as well as for our influence on the lives of those we love, those with whom we want to share our happiness and blessings."
Amanda is ready to start the new year!
2 comments:
That is the way we all improve. We evaluate where we are and where we want to be and we set goals and make plans for how we can get there. Thank-you for being a good example for me to follow. Love, MOM
They sound like fantastic goals. Good luck! If I can be if any service, let me know :). Those are all things that are related to some of my goals I'm working on, so I'll let you know if I get any new leads.
And I feel like I never see you anymore! Have you disapeared forever prematurely? Just wondering :) You are awesome, Amanda.
Post a Comment