Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I used to be funny

I was looking back over some of my old blogs and since April I've mostly talked about losing weight, eating healthy, etc. I realized that I need to do more fun postings. So here are some funny, silly, and random things about me or things that I have noticed of late. Then please enjoy this funny little thing that a friend sent me.

My biggest irritation: People clipping their fingernails in church

Worst date moment: I think I was 18 or 19 and we were doing a big group date. I was set up with this really quiet guy and we just didn't hit it off that well. After a night of bowling, we all went back to a friend's house and then the guys took turns boxing each other (not my date though). It was just a weird evening. So when we were getting ready to leave, I turned to this poor guy and said "Thanks, it was fun." (The funny part is that I was giving him 2 thumbs up at the time I said that). I was just too young and dumb to think of anything else to do. Thus, the 2 Thumbs Up is considered my dating kiss of death.

Random habit: I talk to myself all the time. I'm not quite up to crazy cat lady status but I probably do it way more than your average person. In fact as I'm writing this blog, I'm talking to myself.

Amanda is not quite ready for the nut house.




(The caption says "When I grow up I want to be like Mommy!)

(Here's the reply the teacher received the following day)


Dear Mrs. Jones,

I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer. I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot. From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Smith

3 comments:

elaine said...

You are still fun, funny and now inspiring. Love, MOM

caron said...

okay, clipping nails in public is beyond pet peeve- that is sick!
And I have to agree with your mom, you are quite hilarious. :) It's all in the delivery.

Amanda said...

Thanks guys! I feel funnier already.