Friday, July 17, 2009

Service work can be fun!

As I mentioned in my earlier blog, I went over to help a sister in our stake who is blind. Her name is Marianne and she is 73 years old. I had such a neat time. She was a member of the Tabernacle Choir for 17 years. She holds two masters degrees from the U of U (speech pathology and music). She is also a certified medical transcriptionist and she owned her own business in that field for many years.

Now here's the kicker - especially for all of us who say we are too busy to go to the temple regularly. Marianne volunteers once a week as a temple organist. She also goes to the temple 3-4 per week to do endowments & initiatories. I was helping her throw out paperwork and we were going through a big binder of her temple submissions for the past 2 years. I was amazed at the sheer volume of her temple work.

Anyway, it was a really good experience. She is basically trying to go through old letters and paperwork (which is hard to do if you can't see). I'm going back again at the beginning of August.

Amanda is looking forward to her date tomorrow.

1 comment:

elaine said...

And on top of all this she ask her MOM and POPA to go to a temple session on Sat. morning. I love seeing all this energy in you Amanda.