I had to get my driver's license renewed (and a new picture) before my birthday this Friday. Lucky me - I got to trek to the DMV twice in one day. Grrrrr!!
First I went to the Draper DMV where I discovered that I needed a copy of my birth certificate (as my license had been issued prior to 2001). Apparently that fun little fact was in teeny tiny print at the bottom of the page.
I didn't feel like driving all the way down to Draper again - you get off at the same exit as the prison. This was a first time for me - contrary to my smart remarks about hanging outside the prison gates to fine a man. I was having lunch downtown so I decided to check out the Fairgrounds DMV. Let me say that sweatpants are not out of fashion there! Neither are gold purses or pants on fat women that are so tight you can see their underwear outline. Gross! I got my number and then waited in line for 2 hours for my license. It would help a lot if all the DMV employees could actually be at their stations instead of taking breaks every 3 minutes. After a while we started nicknaming all the workers - Chatty Cathy, Lady 11, Old Man Simmons, Lakeesha, Man in Tan, Old Lady 65, etc.
I am happy to say I now have my license and I hope to never go back to the Fairgrounds DMV again in this lifetime. If I do it will mean I've died and gone straight to Hell.
Amanda is having a birthday and a date this Friday!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ugh. And we want the same people (government employees) running our health care system?
Post a Comment