Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reasons I don't like being sick

I've been fighting off a cold over the past week and I realized there are a lot of irritating things about being sick. So I've decided to blog about them. Aren't you lucky?

1. You never have to sneeze, blow your nose, or cough at a convenient time.

Nope, it is always during a particularly quiet moment in church when everyone can hear you! Or like last night when I was on the phone with this guy I like and I start having a coughing attack and have to end our little chat early.

2. My nose looks spectacular - all red with little bits of skin flaking off. I'm gorgeous!!

3. It is very hard to "get lots of rest" when you wake yourself up by coughing every few minutes.

4. There is no point in eating if you can't taste your food. Best diet ever, I swear! I was reduced to pouring hot sauce over mashed potatoes just to try and taste a little something. (It sounds gross but potatoes were what I was craving at the time)

5. My voice gets very deep. Although some people may find that sexy, I prefer the sound of my own voice. I could scare little children by calling them and saying "Is your mother home?" in a creepy voice. Or I could quite possibly audition for a special kind of "phone operator" job!

That is the end of my rant on being sick. I'm on the mend (thank goodness, since I have a date on Saturday night)

Amanda is not a fan of Halls Mentho-Lyptus cherry cough drops.

No comments: