This has been a week of doing things that I don't wanna to do.
Going to the doctor for an annual check-up (enough said!)
Flu Shot - I got mine this afternoon because my co-workers talked me into it. If my arm falls off I'm going to sue. If I die, I am so coming back to haunt them!
Having blood drawn - After my doctor's appt on Tue, I went over to the lab to get some blood drawn. They were trying for 3 tubes. My tiny little veins did not want to cooperate (as usual). They got one tube from my hand (which took a long time as the blood was just drip, drip, dripping slowing out). Then that vein stopped and I started feeling all cold and clammy. I was afraid I was going to faint right there. How embarassing that would be! After 10 minutes of resting, I was ready to try again. We switched to my left arm - no blood coming out there.
Now I had to get a new phlebotomist (they only get 2 tries) who tried my right arm. Surprise, suprise no blood there either. She decided to call over another person. So we were down to my left hand and after that it would be my feet. I was just praying for my blood to start flowing. I guess those rumors about me being an ice queen might be true. Anyway, they finally decided that they could run their tests on just one tube. Thank goodness. I really wish that there was just some spot on my body that I could touch the tube too and BAM it would have my blood. Then maybe you could also touch your medication to that same spot and BAM it would be in your system.
Homework- tonight I have to write a proposal for my writing class. I don't wanna!!!!!
Amanda is going to Snowbird tomorrow to ride the tram.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That does not sound like a fun week! Especially that blood draw! Are you one of the 3 nephites?
Post a Comment