Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm thankful for . . .

This morning I had the opportunity to attend General Conference with my father. I love General Conference because the talks always help me remember how much I have to be grateful for. So I thought I would share a few of the things I am thankful for in my life. You are welcome to share your own list in Comments.

Rain & thunderstorms

The Temple (this picture is of the Los Angeles temple where my parents I were sealed as a forever family)








My parents - who are so encouraging & loving towards me.












My Friends


Books - there is nothing I love to do more than read. I am grateful for amazing authors like Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Dorthy Sayers, and Wilkie Collins whose books continue to fascinate and intrigue me.

My mobility - I am so grateful that I can walk and run (even though I don't run very much, unless something is chasing me).


My love of animals. (Here I am feeding my cat & dog out of my sippy cup - which I would also drink from)



I am grateful that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Every time I read my scriptures or go to church I am reminded that I can be a better person. I am also reminded of how much God loves me. In this day and age (when violence and sex is so prevalent in the media) it is so important to have these positive influences in our lives. I am very thankful to have them.

Amanda is trying to mentally prepare for another week of work.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

I love that pic of you as a little girl! & the pic of your "friends" made me miss all of you guys!