I recently visited my close friends, Scott & Lisa Russell, who live in Oregon. Their little daughter Sage (15 months old) is such a joy to be around. My heart swells just thinking about her. She is such a sweet and funny girl. I think that every time she hugged or kissed me my biological clock started ticking faster!
I have been thinking about love & companionship recently. We can partly blame the new Twilight movie and the book which I just had to re-read after seeing the movie. So I have been in the mood to watch all these sappy love stories, except after they end I am all irritated and agitated. Sometimes being single really sucks. (Pause here for all my married/engaged friends to smile and think about how lucky they are. Gag!)
Of course, I am completely aware that I am not going to find my true love by sitting at home watching my TiVo. Although they just added a new feature where I can order Domino's pizza from from TiVo so perhaps the "Order a Date" feature is next. Hmm, maybe if I upgrade to TiVo HD. . . .

Aside from still being single (for which I am only occasionally grateful for, usually when I think about dirty diapers, crying children and a husband who whines about not being able to find the mustard) I do have a lot in my life to be grateful for. On Thanksgiving eve, my mom asked my dad and I to share some of the things we were thankful for. It was a nice exercise and ever since then random things that I am grateful for have been popping up in my head. I'll share a few here below.
I'm grateful that the "Amanda show" is finally over. I have been to the doctor a lot lately trying to resolve some health issues (nothing super serious). I am so sick of all the poking and prodding and being half naked in a cold sterile room. The curtain is definitely ready to close on this show.
I'm grateful for days off when I can spend time with family and friends. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of turkey and pie. I also had a nice amount of alone time which I spent reading and just hanging out in my room. Sometimes it is nice to have some time for yourself. I'm grateful to my family for allowing me that time.
I'm grateful to my mother for cooking a turkey just for me. We went out to eat this year for Thanksgiving (a first for me) but my mom still cooked a turkey so I could have leftovers. She's the best!
I have many many more things that I am grateful for. However I don't want to fill up my entire blog so I'll stop for now.
Amanda is glad her father came over tonight for pie!
4 comments:
You are sooo funny! & Scott & Lisa's little girl is a doll! For what it's worth, Comcast has a dating thing on their On Demand section... come on over if you want to check it out! PS... there is a good looking guy that works at our post office who is LDS and doesn't wear a ring (so I'm assuming he's single, but don't blame me if when you approach him for his number he slaps you)... He's got eyes to die for... (and that's from a married lady with 2 kids & a hubby who's eyes she loves as well.)
Ha ha! Thanks for the help, Suzie!
Thanks for the sweet words about Sage. We are so grateful for you and that you come to visit us. We love you! I want your Mr. Right to appear in 2009. Don't worry-there are some that don't whine (unless they are sick and then all bets are off).
You know I remember thinking all this same stuff...you're too funny! There's much to be grateful you're right and hey we could always set you up...we have single friends still. (us weird married folks) :)
Post a Comment