Thursday, July 2, 2009

I won my category!

My work has being doing a "Biggest Loser" contest and I recently won/tied in my 10 lb category. I entered that category because I wasn't sure how much weight I could actually lose. We did our first weigh in on May 12th and from then to now I've lost nearly 16 pounds.

I'm not finished though!!! I want to lose a bunch more weight so the exercise and healthy eating program continues onward. I would to say thank you to everyone who has posted encouraging comments on both this blog and my Facebook account. Your support has really been helpful.

I recently did a little clothes shopping (kind of a necessity when the majority of your clothes are 2 sizes too big) and it was so much fun. I loved being able to completely bypass the plus size section in favor of cute and smaller stuff. The sad thing about plus size clothes (with the exception of Lane Bryant) is that designers seem to think that women who wear larger sizes want to wear horizontal stripes or hideous print blouses dotted with flowers. Hello! Fat people can be stylish too!!!

Amanda is getting off her soapbox now.

3 comments:

caron said...

Amanda, you are just so great. :) Horizontal stripes, huh?
Good stinkin job, seriously.

elaine said...

I am so happy for you and I really admire your commitment.Love, MOM

rebekah said...

way to go! That is super exciting!