Thursday, August 28, 2008

We are living in a cereal world

I was eating a bowl of Fruity Cheerios topped with fresh raspberries this morning and I thought it might be fun to post my thoughts on cereal. My plan was to make this a short post - but that did not happen.

First of all, I don't drink milk so I eat my cereal dry. That may be strange to some people, however the thought of soggy cereal makes me gag. To me cereal is more of a snack food. For breakfast it must be topped with some kind of fresh fruit - bananas, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries will do. I don't really like hot cereals. I despise oatmeal but I eat it because it is very filling and helps me get my fiber in. Wow, I sound like an old lady. Let me just put my teeth in and we'll continue.

Because I eat my cereal dry I prefer sweeter cereals. Imagine eating Shredded What dry; it is like chewing on hay! I like most Cheerios varieties, Golden Grahams, Smorz, Lucky Charms. I am a big fan of cereal with
marshmallows. When I was younger I opened up hot cocoa packets just for the crunchy marshmallows. I remember the day when Fruit Loops came out with a marshmallow version. What a happy day! Now I could eat cereal without having to throw out all the cereal bits.

Now that you know what I like, let me tell you what I think your choices say about you. If you have a favorite I didn't mention, make a comment and I'll respond. Feel free to tell me what you think Fruit Loops marshmallow say about me.

Captain Crunch - You are still a kid at heart. Your secret dream is to be a pirate on the high seas.

Cheerios - You are a happy person with wonderful childhood memories. Your secret dream is to ride the top 10 roller coasters in the world.

Frosted Flakes - You want to make a sensible breakfast choice but you can't quite get away from that frosting. Your secret dream is to be locked overnight in Wal-Mart.

Grits - You long for the days of the old south. Your secret dream is to own a haunted plantation in Georgia.

Lucky Charms - You are an optimist who believes in good luck. Your secret dream is to win the lottery.

Raisin Bran
- You are calm and reserved. You like a place for everything and everything in its place. Your secret dream is to have your entire house organized before you die.

Special K - You are trying to be healthy and lose weight. Your secret dream involves donuts - lots and lots of donuts.

Trix - Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids. What are you still doing eating them? Your secret dream is to beat up the Easter Bunny.

Amanda is listening to 80's tunes.

13 comments:

caron said...

I now want to pick my favorite cereal based on your assesment.

What do you have to say about Cinnamon Toast Crunch? I've loved it since I can remember, and I'm a sucker still.

Amanda said...

Cinnamon Toast Crunch - You like a little adventure in your life. Your secret dream is to race boats in Italy.

Jill said...

sadly my favorite is a bit boring. What do you say about Corn Chex?

Amanda said...

Corn Chex - You like old-fashioned things like lace, lemonade, and rose scented perfume. Your secret dream is to marry a farmer and move to Nebraska.

Jill said...

That's pretty dang close... minus the lace. That stuff makes me itch like no other.

caron said...

Gosh, what a decision. Pirates or Italy? At least mine has nothing to do with lace. :)

rebekah said...

I'm impressed with your cereal analysis. You pegged me! (Though my secret dream is more to have an actual house to organize).
Now, Marshmellow Fruit Loops-You live to have fun and enjoy the sweet part of life. Your secret dream is to be independantly weathy and spend your days traveling to movie and television sets.

Lilah said...

Okay, I go through phases with cereal, but my most recent one was Cinnamon Life. I had some Cocoa Puffs today and am seriously considering those as my next favorite. I even taught my daughter Laney to say, "I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!" It was cute.

Ann said...

I just plain love cold cereal! Breakfast, lunch or dinner, it doesn't matter. If I had to choose my favorite, it would be Blueberry Morning Crunch and I can't wait to hear what you'll say about that! I think I'll go have a bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios while I'm waiting.

Amanda said...

Bekah, you totally pegged me. I love your analysis.

Amanda said...

Cinnamon Life - People think you are a very serious person but you have a secret mischevious side. Your secret dream is to live in a houseboat on the lake.

Amanda said...

Blueberry Morning Crunch - You are a very proper person who always knows her place. Your secret dream is to move to Nova Scotia and live in the Anne of Green Gables house.

Ann said...

I guess I better start dyeing my hair red.